Energy Efficiency Grade Label
- Energy consumption efficiency grade label
- Energy consumption efficiency grade label consists of 1~ 5th grade, and the closest product to the 1st grade product is the best energy-saving product. The 1st grade product saves the energy more 30~40% than the 5th one.
To enhance Energy consumption efficiency grade, MKE and KEMCO make a constant effort to analyze each products’ market state & skill standardization and they have continuously been upgrading the Standard. If Standard strengthened, it could show different grade even though they are the same products.
- Confirmation of the Grade
- The grade label is attached to the front or side face to be identified by the consumers easily in case of refrigerators and air-conditioners, and is indicated on the each package of the products and whole package in case of lighting appliances.
- The most rational way to save energy and be against climate change is to buy high efficiency products. It is possible to confirm the indication of efficiency about each product on the label.
- Indication of CO₂ emissions
- Currently, the serious environment problem issued internationally is mainly caused by GHG emission through human economy activities. The 84% of the GHG emissions is generated by using energy. MKE and KEMCO are effort to cope with climate change through some products indicating Carbon dioxide
- (CO₂) emissions and spread of low carbon, green products. The purpose of these policies indicating Carbon dioxide emissions is to give customers warning about climate change and energy saving.
- Carbon dioxide emissions is based on 1 hour power usage that measuring the designated testing institute.
Refer to shown follow.
Calculation method: Power usage per hour(Wh) × 0.425g/Wh = 1 hour CO₂ emissions(g) * 0.425g/Wh : Average value of GHG emission factor during the latest 5years in domestic power part.
- There are 28 products in the indication of Carbon dioxide(CO₂) emissions among the target products and the date of enforcement is shown below.
|Date of enforcement
||Products indicated Carbon dioxide(CO₂) emissions (28 Products)
||Refrigerator, Kimchi Refrigerator, Washing machine, Horizontal drum washing machine, Dish drier, Vacuum cleaner, Electric Fan, Air cleaner, Incandescent lamps, Associated ballasts
||Freezer, Air-conditioner, Dishwasher, Electrical Cooler and Heater for Drinking-Water Storage, Rice cooker, Fluorescent lamps, 3 Phase induction motor, Commercial Refrigerator
||Electric fan heater, Electric stove, Electric pad, Electrically heated water mat, Electric heating board, Electric bed, Electric radiator
||Multi electric heat pump system