- A system of providing objective information regarding buildings’ energy performance such as energy consumption, carbon dioxide emissions, and energy saving rates of buildings to benefit all parties related to buildings such as construction project implementers, project owners, managing entities, and building users
- To increase the supply of low energy consumption-type buildings, accurate information on buildings’ energy performances is provided to induce investments in energy saving technologies and improve the perception of energy saving as well as respond to climate change.
Grounds for enforcement
- Act on the Creation and Support of Green Buildings （certification of buildings’ energy efficiency grades）
- Regulations regarding buildings’ energy efficiency certification （Ministry of TRADE, INDUSTRY & ENERGY'S BULLETIN no. 2009-1306: 2009.12.31, Ministry of LAND, INFRASTRUCTURE AND TRANSPORT'S no. 2009-329: 2009.12.31,）
- Guidelines for public organizations’ energy use rationalization （Ministry of TRADE, INDUSTRY & ENERGY'S BULLETIN no. 2012-18: 2012.02.08）
- Subject buildings
- : Domestic, Nom-Domestic
- : Construction implementers of subject buildings (contractors, implementers, etc.)
Related organizations and works
- Certification organization: Ministry of TRADE, INDUSTRY & ENERGY, Ministry of LAND, INFRASTRUCTURE AND TRANSPORT
- Operating organization: Korea Energy Management Corporation
- Evaluating organization: Korea Institute of Energy Research, Korea Institute of Construction Technology, Korea Energy Management Corporation, Korea land & Housing Corporation, Korea Infrastructure safety & Technology Corporation
Division of certification
- Preliminary certification : The energy efficiency grade of the applicant building is given preliminary certification before completion based on the result of evaluation performed through design drawings, etc.
- Final certification: The energy efficiency grade of the applicant building is certified at the time of completion based on the result of the final evaluation performed through the final design drawing and field surveys